Monday, April 29, 2013

You're my shining star: Las Vegas' Neon Museum

One of the few things on my "must see" list was the Neon Museum (aka boneyard) in Las Vegas. I'll never forget stumbling across photos on Flickr several years ago that someone had taken at the boneyard (back before it was open to the public) and immediately falling in love. Needless to say, I was happier than a little kid at Disney once there.

It was everything I wanted and more--typography, rusted bling and a one-hour tour chock full of Vegas history. If any of those things appeal to you, escape from the strip and seek this museum out. I still get a giddy feeling thinking about the tour.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

2 comments:

  1. That does look pretty cool and delightfully kitchy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lacochran - Totally. Plus, just the thought of all that potential sparkle could make a girl's head explode ;-)

    ReplyDelete